Thursday, August 02, 2007

My First Day!

Today was my first day at Hótel Smári!!!!

It is much different then I thought it would be, and I have to admit I am a little unqualified for the things they expect of me, but I learn fast.

I thought Receptionists just answered phones and took bookings. My job is so much more.

I do invoices for travel agencies and other businesses. I write letters on behalf of the hotel and proofread stuff my boss has written. (It worries me a little when someone puts that kinda power in my hands, my English is far from perfect)

So much other paper work! It is a little ugly...

I give advice and directions to the guests. I hope they do not mind that all the directions I give are bus dependent.....'so you take the number 2 down to Hlemmur'

I will be doing research for the marketing of the hotel.

Organizing cleaning and kitchen staff for the next day. I need to know how many people will be needed depending on how many people check in.

I do not think I have ever had so many responsibilities in a job, not that I am not up to a challenge.

All that and you need to look great for work!



Even if it seems a little crazy right now, i will figure it all out I am sure. I have three more day of training on the computer programs before I am on my own, that is plenty of time.

And if all else fails, I have to admit this is great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment