Monday, August 13, 2007

Changes

Now that I am working full time Davíð is taking a much more active parent role with the boys.
There has been so much adjustment for everyone.

I am having to get used to being away so much. This means when I am home I have to make every minute count. No dawdling with the cleaning. Play with the kids when I can. I do all the computer stuff at work now so I am not on the computer at home. This causes problems with Skypeout.....

Davíð is learning to have kids around him more often, wake up earlier with them and taking more responsibility for them. He is even starting to take Stefan to school in the mornings.

Kasper is starting, very slowly, to learn not to wake me up after I work nights. This means we are pushing the independence even more.

Stefan is teaching Davíð how to act like the mom. Example: getting Davíð to rub his back so he will fall asleep.

The schedules are a little hard to manage right now, with us both still working and Davið in school, but we have managed so far.

Davíð is considering quitting his job early, like tomorrow, to give the family a little breathing room for time.

So that will be it. Davíð will be the full time student and I will be the full time employed one.

I have only been working like this for 2 weeks and am already excited for retirement.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:33 AM

    Wow, so many changes!

    I'll pray that your family adjusts well to this new phase of life. And well done, David, for steppiing up to the plate at home.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete