Sunday, August 19, 2007

house sitting!

I underestimated the amount of work involved in watching peoples houses while they were on holidays.

Davíð's parents and his sister, with her family, have all gone to Canada for a month on holidays. So we offered to watch the homes, water the plants and that fun stuff.

Now our plates are too full. Davíð is working full time until school starts during the day, but now he has evening classes after work. I work full time at night. Stefan is back at school but Kasper does not start until Thursday. One set of plants needs to be watered every three days, another set (out of town) every other day. The fish (Kói - very expensive) need to be fed everyday and that is out of town. The cats need food everyday....

So we are spending more time at every one's house then our own. I miss my own bed, so I will go home tonight, and be alone.

My own home needs work now too, because I have spent so much time at others, that I think I will be up all night tonight catching up on laundry and organizing school supplies.

Well you know what they say, when it rains it pours, I either have nothing to do or far too much!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:36 PM

    I've played that game. It can be exhausting. However, even when you are back to 'just' taking care of your own home, all the time that you spent on their homes will quickly become filled with necessary chores and errands. No matter what, when one has kids and jobs, there are never going to be enough hours in the day! But good luck.

    ReplyDelete