Sunday, August 12, 2007

12 hour shifts

For some reason working 12 hour shifts means, to me, working at a snails pace and getting only 4 hours of work done.

Most of the 4 hours of work will be done in the last 5 hours.

So what do I do the other 7?

The first hour or two is organizing. I am thinking, I will be here for I while so I should set up. I empty out my bag and set up all my papers I will need. I make a pot of coffee, drink it, then make more. I have a snack, then plan my snack for later. Sometimes I spend a while looking for just the right pen to use for the night.

The third and forth hour mostly consist of checking emails, writing and personal projects.

The fifth through seventh or eighth hour I sleep. They have a room for me to nap in, it is good.

The I wake up and get to work. People start checking out, I start invoicing, booking, emailing travel agencies, advertising research online and preparing everything for the next day. I always get everything done in time, but I have all night.

Maybe I just work better after a little nap.

(The best part is that I get paid by the hour,with extra because it is night shift, even when I am sleeping)

No comments:

Post a Comment