Monday, October 30, 2006

Sleeping in

It is getting so dark in the mornings we have all started sleeping in.

Everyday it seems a little later.

I know it is dark when I get up, so if it is still dark I assume I am on time. This morning I woke up with the boys stumbled around to get some cereal going and then looked at the clock. It was 8 already. I am supposed to start class in 10 minutes. I could see this was not going to work out.

There is no way to get 2 kids dressed, fed breakfast and dropped off at 2 different schools then get to my own school in 10 minutes.

So I decided to make the best of it. There is no point rushing everyone if there is no way to be on time. Might as well make it a normal morning. Kasper does not start class until 8:50, he usually just goes to before school care while I am in class. It does not matter when Stefan gets to school, but he does like to have his second breakfast with the other kids.

So I relaxed. Kasper got to school on time, Stefan was fine and I totally missed my first class, which, funny enough, is my only class on Mondays.

My teacher says this is common with foreigners who are not handling the darkness well and she said last week that she expects the class size to be small for the early classes for the rest of the semester.

Tomorrow should go better.

No comments:

Post a Comment