Saturday, October 14, 2006

Stupid Babysitter

Usually when i work on the weekends I do not need a babysitter. But today I did. Davið has overtime work this weekend.

I talked to her on Wednesday to babysit this morning. Everything seemed fine.

Last night she called at 10 at night. She said she wanted to be paid more. I asked how much more, she said babysitters are supposed to be paid 1000 kr an hour. I make 1054 and hour, which is only like 700 after tax. I told her that if I paid her 1000 an hour I would lose 300 an hour going to work. I don't think she believed me. I don't think she has had a job before.

We argued for a while. I really tried explaining that no one could afford to work if they paid more in babysitter costs then they made an hour, besides getting paid cash is very good because there is no tax. She maintained that I would be ripping her off if I paid any less then 1000 an hour, cash. So, I told her I would quit my job before I paid her that.

She did not do anything great anyways. Just sat around while they played and watched cartoons. The kids sleep through half of it too.

I am really angry.

So last minute I had no babysitter.

I was lucky I could take them to Kristina's, but that is a last resort. Who wants to drag 2 kids out of bed at 6 a.m. and drag them to someone else´s house to be at work for 7? That is crazy. The kids do not want to get up that early, I do not want to get up that early and although I can not speak for Kristina I am sure her ideal Saturday morning does not include 2 extra kids and all the noise you can handle at 7 a.m.

So, I am on the lookout for a new babysitter. I hope I can find one soon. IO work tomorrow too.

The kids wanted to know why we did not bring Krissy.

1 comment:

  1. well, I think she was crazy to ask for that much. I tried telling her that it did not make anysense, but she was sure she should get that much.

    ReplyDelete