Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ready for Christmas and a little trouble with Posturinn

Last year I sent all the Christmas presents at the end of November and it cost me a fortune because I had to pay for express airmail to have a guaranteed arrival for Christmas.

This year I am feeling more poor, so I decided to send everything C mail. The post office told me this takes 8 weeks and costs much less.

So I started my Christmas shopping in September and finished up a couple weeks ago.

Yesterday I took all the parcels down to the post office and they told me it would be best to send it all by airmail, otherwise they could not guarantee arrival in time for Christmas.

I pointed out that there is actually 9 weeks left and they told me before it would be delivered in 8.

The staff at Posturinn seemed skeptical that 9 weeks was enough time for a parcel to get to Canada. (I think they strap them to the back of sea turtles to get across the ocean)

Anyways, I still sent everything the super slow way to save money and I really hope it gets there in time. If not, consider them new years gifts, or Easter, depending on the arrival date.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:26 PM

    Now, now, let's not yell at poor little sea turtles...

    In the past, I have had to wait up to 3 and 4 months for parcels from the States (sent for Christmas) to arrive. So you may not be far off when you suggest Easter... Everything airmail goes first to Denmark and is then rerouted. I have no idea why seamail takes so much longer. I think it takes less than two weeks to sail the distance. Where in the world do they drop packets to be rerouted? It would be interesting to find out.

    ReplyDelete