Friday, December 08, 2006

Butter Tarts

I found this recipe online, and it says it is a Canadian treat. I did not know that no one else ate butter tarts, but this makes it more appropriate for the party I think.

I am just going to make the filling from this one, I think I have an idea for the pastry. Marcia is bringing me a cupcake tray.

Butter Tart Filling:
2 large eggs
1/3 cup (70 grams) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (215 grams) light brown sugar
1/4 cup (60 ml) light cream (half-and-half) (10% butterfat)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins or
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts (toasted and chopped)

Butter Tart Filling: In a medium sized saucepan lightly whisk the eggs. Whisk in the butter, sugar, and cream. Place on medium heat and, stirring constantly, bring this mixture just to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. If using nuts and/or raisins, place about a teaspoon into the bottom of each tart shell and then fill the unbaked tart shells with the filling. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 15 - 20 minutes or until the pastry has nicely browned and the filling is set. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 12 - 4 inch tarts.

If it goes well, everyone will get some for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment