Sunday, November 08, 2009

In case he becomes a fisherman

During parent teacher interveiws, on Thursday, I had the oppurtunity to meet the most annoying gym teacher ever.

He also teaches swimming.

I should first mention that swimming lessons are mandatory from grade 1 to 10. I guess it goes back to the old days when everyone worked on a boat.
Anyways....

It all started at the beginning of the year when Kasper was told off because he had the wrong kind of swim shorts. I guess you need speedos to learn to swim. Imagine my annoyance when we had to buy him a second swim suit. Now he has 2, and the things are not cheap.

Next Kasper has a bad skin rash and can not go in the chlorinated water. It is worse because he can not put the medication on himself after.

So he missed a few lessons. The teacher says he still needs to show up and sit on the side of the pool and watch.

OK, so he does that.

Then I went to talk to him during interviews, not realizing what an ass he was.

He tells me the importance of swimming lessons and how necessary they are.

He also tells me that Kasper missed too many classes this year, medical reason or not, and would not be getting passed in level 4 swimming.

And what does this mean? It means that at some point he will need to take another set of lessons through the school, or work super hard and cover 2 years in one, or he will not graduate when he gets to grade 10, because he will be a year behind in swimming.

I also found out that they will fail you if your swimming is not good enough. Because good swimming is important in life.....? I do not like this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment