Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A difference

Kasper and Stefan are both wonderful, but completely different boys.
When Kasper was six, he asked his Dad if Santa was real. David said no, thinking that Kasper already knew this and was just looking for confirmation. This was wrong. Kasper had heard kids saying he was not real and was looking for David to say they were wrong. He was devastated. There was a crying involved.
This year Stefan is six. I reminded him that Christmas is coming and that the Santa’s would be putting treats in the shoes soon and he laughed at me. He said ‘Everyone knows that Santa’s are just the Moms and Dads’. I was kinda sad.
Kasper seems so sweet and innocent, while Stefan can make us forget how young he really is. I guess it could be put down to kids growing up faster with older siblings, or it could just be personality differences.
I guess we will see when Leopold gets bigger. If he calls me a liar for talking about a Santa when he is only three, I will blames his older brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment