Thursday, September 20, 2007

In other news...

The biggest news this week would be that I have taken on a second job. Not a job I would have liked, but it will be good for me.

I am not working nights every second week in the hotel and days every weekday (only 8-2) at a old people home. I know it sounds crazy but what can you do? A family of 4 can not be supported on one job alone, at least not foreigner working alone. Life.......

This is not the ideal job, the pay is horrible but, I will practice my Icelandic everyday. I will have to because the old people do not speak any English. I think after a year of this I will be fluent in Icelandic then I can do what ever I want.
The light at the end of this tunnel is that when Davíð finishes school, in three years, I will nap for 3 months!

Davvíð has also dropped a few classes to lighten his corse load so he can help with the kids a bit. It was too much before with him in class 8:20 till evening, then at the liabrary until 10. I need help... So things are looking better.


Stefán 2 in color


Our Stefán taking computer games very seriously.
He has recently discovered the Sesame Street website.



Kasper and the PS2, a terrible combination.



Stefán making soup.



Stefán showing off the soup.


The greatest soup spoon ever!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 PM

    Ko-Leen, I'm beginning to think you are trying to prove the old adage: what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!!

    I hope for the latter. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:09 AM

    Good heavens! You have incredible stamina to do two jobs like that.

    Blessings!

    Hi to Kasper and Stephan.

    ReplyDelete