Saturday, November 24, 2007

Couch Surfers, right this way!

I signed us up on couchsurfering.com , not because I will be taking the kids around like that, but because of two other very good reasons.

1. I like meeting new people and I think it is good for the kids to meet people from other countries, talk with them and maybe learn something from them. I hope it will help them grow up better with tolerance and the knowledge that there is life outside Iceland.

2. I would like to help out people who are traveling around here. It is so expensive that it detours people from coming to see Iceland. If I can offer my couch, that even folds into a very uncomfortable bed, to someone, it makes someones life much easier.

This does not mean there will always be a stranger sleeping on my couch, it just means that sometimes, we might have a guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment