Tuesday, June 05, 2007

RUV

Those bastards!

OK, I will start from the beginning.

We bought great, practically new television from the second hand store for very little money, only 2,500 Kr, or 45.00.

I am very happy with it. We hooked it up to the computer so we can watch all the movies on the big screen.

The bad news is there is a fee for owning a television. If you own a television you are required to pay 3,000 a month for the public channel.

That is more then I paid for the television.

Whats more is they go around checking people who do not pay this to see if they have a television. They send people around to look into windows looking for televisions, if they see one, I am told, they basically barge into your house and cause a scene, as though you are a drug dealer or something.

This makes me so mad. I do not even watch this channel. I only us the TV for the computer. I am supposed to pay more every month in TV fees then the cost of buying the TV, or even more then a utilities bill for a month.

You are also have to pay this fee if you have a radio because you might be listening to the national radio station.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, it's a stupid system. Way stupid. However, with some TVs you can open them up and rip out (or disconnect) the UHF/VHF antennae receiver, while still allowing Kasper to play games. That way if the bad people from RÚV try to charge you you can always invite them around to try for themselves to get signal from your TV. :-)

    ReplyDelete