Saturday, June 09, 2007

I want to be an Artist

not because I am particularly artsy, in fact anyone who knows me at all knows I do not have an ounce of understanding when it comes to art.

Despite this, I would make a great artist, as long as no one expected any 'Art' out of me.

So these are the reasons why I wish I was an Artist:

1, When an artist gets up in the morning with crazy hair, they can leave it be, or even add hair spray and people will say it is cool. When I do that, it is just lazy, even if I think it does not look too bad.

2, If an artistic goes out with paint on there clothing it is cool, they look cool. When I do it, I look poor.

3, An artist never needs to spend time trying to match socks. Anything goes, really.

5, They can frame a picture, that looks like one of my kids could have painted it, and it looks professional.

There are a few of these things that would require some changes on my part and I am not sure if I could handle it. So, this is why I could never be an artist:

1, Drinking can give them inspiration. Drinking makes me fall asleep, no matter where I am.

2, Still with the drinking: I can always picture an Artist drinking wine and eating rare foods. I can not finish half a glass without getting killer heartburn and I have a fear of different foods, not unlike a typical three year old. This causes some awkward moments at family functions.

3, I am extremely uncool. I do not even know what cool is so I would hard time trying to pretend. Not thank this matters much anymore, it has been a long time since high school.

4, They have a great imagination. I mean a useful imagination, to create things. I have an imagination, I day dream all the time but about the strangest things.

Example: I had a dream I inherited a bunch of money and didn't tell anyone, not even Davið. I just went out for coffee everyday and ordered a Swiss mocha or chai latte instead of a coffee because I knew I had money to pay for it. I know this is crazy greedy but I never spent the money on anything extravagant. This dream is reoccurring and a great example of useless imagination.

Davið already knows about this dream.

So this is full of generalizations and I certainly am not trying to insult anyone. In fact I admire these qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment