Friday, June 01, 2007

Grade One

After a lot of thought and talking between Davið and I, we have decided that Kasper will repeat grade one next year.

I spoke with the principle, the special needs teacher and Kasper's teacher and everyone agrees that this is the best choice.

I think it is a little funny that the school thought that but waited until I suggested it to agree.

I just do not want him to be pushed through the next grade just because of age. This year he is the youngest in his class and next year he will be the oldest by only a month or two.

The school will put him into a different class, so he will have a new teacher.

I am sure that next year will go much more smoothly, in a better school with stronger Icelandic.

Kasper will also be spending the summer in the day camp run by the school. This will give him the chance to build strong relationships with his classmates and practice his Icelandic.

Things are coming together for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment