Thursday, May 10, 2007

Last Day

Tomorrow is my last day at my cleaning job for Hreit.

Bittersweet.

I will miss everyone at Stuðlar so much. They are all great people and I have made a lot of friends there. But they are work friends so it is not likely that I will see them again after tomorrow. I guess you never really know.

I did like some people at Innes. The Irish guy was so funny (one time he was telling me about this strange smell he could not seem to get rid of from his room, all you can do is laugh) and cooks were kind to me (always gave me free food to bring home) and understanding. The office people made me feel nauseous.

It is funny in a way. There bad treatment of mine has made me work less and less there since I gave my notice, one month ago. This week I wanted to leave with everything perfect, I thought this would make me feel better. Today I was supposed to clean all the desks on floor 1,2 and 4. I was on my second desk on floor 1 when the women told me, in no polite tone, that I needed to wash her calculator, pencil holders and when I was dusting the lamp, to make sure I did the inside where the light bulb is. I said fine, I am not very confrontational, an did as she asked but then I was so angry that I did not clean the rest of the desks, I just left. I did not want to be in that situation again. What I should have said was 'I think you need to read my contract where is says that I am to wipe off the desks. It also says that it is not my responsibility to clean your belongings. So you will need to clean you grubby little fingerprints off your own crap.' Then I should have thrown the wet cloth at her. Ahh.., hindsight.

On the other hand I have done a great job at Stuðlar all week and even made sure that any extra things were done this week.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 PM

    What a great EX- canadian worker you are (tee-hee-hee) Oh by the way whens my present arriving??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent them last week so I guess you could get them anytime from tomorrow to a month or two from now. Canada Post has problems. I have been told that they are known world wide for having problems. Yours was sent as mail, not as a parcel so it should be in the airmail.

    ReplyDelete