Sunday, May 13, 2007

Election Time

With every four year comes another national election.

This was yesterday.

I will not claim to know much about Icelandic politics, but from the looks have things, nothing is changing.

This is strange considering the amount of complaining I hear from everyone. I do not think I have heard anyone say they are happy with the current government, but they voted in the same one again.

All I know:
There are 5 parties. The most lefty of the five saw a huge jump in support, but far from enough to give them a government. The every right group, the Independence Party, kept enough to stay mostly in power. The fascists that call themselves liberals maintained the same amount of support despite having blamed every issue on the foreign population of Iceland. (That was creepy).

So there was no real changes. But there still might be. I guess it can take weeks of the party's to form alliances ect. Also, election time is the only time that the President has any real power, so he might do something.

We will see...

(I will know more when the Grapevine publishes the next issue for some English news)

No comments:

Post a Comment