Sunday, May 27, 2007

B.B.Q. DISASTER

Although you can not tell from the very few pictures that were taken, I think the b.b.q. did not go so well.

This is all I know:

When we got there Kasper started getting sick. I took him home where he spent the rest of the day puking and sleeping. He was fine this morning.

Shortly after I got home with Kasper, Davið brought Stefan home. He must have missed his brother.

All the meat that I spent more then 4 hours preparing was eaten.

The salad was basically untouched because no one put the dressing on it. (I had asked someone to do it for me before everyone ate and not before so it would not get soggy)

I forgot to buy napkins so Davið told me everyone was walking around with food all over their faces while wiping their hands on clothing.

Everyone ate the cake before putting candles in it.

No one started cooking the potatoes until much to late, so they were not finished until everyone was done eating.

Nobody took any pictures.

The guys in the b.b.q. next to us were very helpful when I was there but they kept drinking and were getting very load after a while (so I heard).

Nobody saved me food. I am only upset about this because I spent so much time getting everything ready, then spent the entire day at home.

Maybe the day was not completely ruined but it did not go as planned. It was supposed to be a birthday party that friends and family could enjoy (this is why we had it at a park), but the boys and I were at home. I had everything all planned out in my head, so when I had to leave right away, the plan left with me. (I guess no one knew where anything was etc.)

Then Davið did not come home until 3 a.m., but that is a whole other can of worms that I will not get into.



Here is Stefan at home. Not really related to the other pictures...



Above and below are Hemmi playing with Kristina's daughter. His soon to be wife is due to have a baby any day so I think he is practice parenting here.




Above: This is Ivar and Hemmi's very pregnant soon to be wife.



Above: Inga, Rob, Mar and the drunk guys at the next b.b.q.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the salad! Thanks for the food. :-)

    ReplyDelete