Saturday, July 22, 2006

Crime in 2005

In an attempt to keep up on things in Canada I have been reading some news online. Today I came across an article that could give anyone shivers. Especially one from Saskatchewan, like me. It also made me very thankful that I have never lived in the Untied States, or I might have not lived this long.

This is the link: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2006/07/20/crimesask.html

And this was the article:

Saskatchewan leads Canada in violent crime

Last Updated: Thursday, July 20, 2006 | 1:36 PM CT

Saskatchewan had more violent crime than any province in Canada last year and its two major cities were among the worst for murders, robberies and break-ins.

Edmonton most homicide-prone city

Canadian statistics pale in comparison with some U.S. cities. According to U.S. sources, New Orleans had 53.3 homicides per 100,000 people in 2004, Washington, D.C., had 45.8 and Detroit 42.

No comments:

Post a Comment