Sunday, July 09, 2006

The beach

The beach seems to be the place where people go on a nice hot day. When you look at it, or even a picture, I don't think there is anything that would give it away as not being a beach in Florida. A beach volley ball net is set up with people playing. Children build castles in the white (imported) sand. Everyone is in there swimsuits. Some people are in the water, others are tanning. There is even an ice cream vendor. The only real difference is that only in Iceland would it have been considered a nice hot day. The temperature might have reached 15 Celsius and the wind was blowing strong as ever. I had to keep my sweater on most of the time (so I was not doing much tanning) but I don't think anyone else noticed that it was not all that warm. I guess it is just one of those things that are relative, after all, this was the first summer weekend of sun we have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment