Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2 more shoe days

Christmas is sneaking up on us very fast. Sneaking up really.
Only 2 more shoes Santa's left,
then the fat Santa
then Christmas
And we dont even know whats going on yet.

Christmas day dinner is usually not a big deal in Iceland, Christmas Eve is. But I am not Icelandic, so we are drinking hot chocolate and eating pizza on Christmas Eve. (or something like that)
But for Christmas day the plans are:
Plan A was to stay at Inga and Rob's place, but they are renovating so I dont know..still might.
Plan B is for everyone to come here, but it is up to Inga because she always does most of the cooking.
Plan C, I dont know. We have not even talked to Kristína yet. Last year it ended up at her place very last minute. Christmas day driving the food over to her place to finish cooking then eating at midnight...

The 27th is some big thing too. A Christmas coffee and cake with the extended family? I dont know for sure but I hear someone has secured a meeting hall for this. I am having nightmares of al the kids running around in a strange place.

The 28th, Christmas dinner with the friends. Davíð's friends. The 'guys' are all coming over and cooking another Christmas dinner. Those with girlfriends bring them. People with left overs bring them too. This night usually ends with someone spilling red wine.

It is like the 13 Icelandic Santa's have been counting down to the real madness.

My blogging wilæl probably become less frequent the next couple days, but after that I will have great stuff.

I hope people are getting there cards :)

Marry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment