Saturday, January 26, 2013

Heimskonar

Have to admit I am guessing on the name, it seems to have slipped my mind, but point is:
Cassie (my Aussi friend) and I are running a group for women around the world. In the Reykjanesbær bókasafn.
Because Reykjanesbær, Inni Njarvík, Ytri Narvík, Keflavík and Ásbrú, are actually-is actually rather multi-cultural but you would never know because all the women, including myself for many years, sit home alone.
You see it can be hard to get to know people. It is very difficult to learn Icelandic and adjusting to a different culture can be tiring. So it is good to meet others in the same position. Maybe  speak the same language as you. It is good to have a place to go to ask questions and not be judged.
We have so many great plans, and we hope to see you there.
If not I plan on updating stuff here as well.
The first meet up is on Feb. 7, at 2 in the afternoon. Thats a Thursday. And if you want to bring the kids along we will have some teenagers available to watch the kids, read to them,  while you sit and have a coffee with us.
Maybe we can exchange receipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment