Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Keepin' it short

In effort to fight the extreme fatigue, that has become a way of life for me, I am trying to roll back the bed times in this family. Especially myself.
This is easier said then done when it is light all the freakn' time. I know I shouldn't complain but I wake up three times a night and every time I think it must be morning now, only to find out it is 3 a.m., or 4 a.m. or ......
So tonight I will be in bed before midnight!
As if a Volcano eruption wasn't enough, life has actually been exciting around here the last week.
Lets start with last Wednesday.
First I wrote my Íslenska 4 test, choosing the keep the book closed in an open book test to really test myself, and I got 90 - Thank you very much. NO I just have to loose the 'deer in headlights' look when ever someone speaks to me in Icelandic. I hope they teach this in university.
After the test we (Cassie and I) went for some KFC treats, yummy, before heading up to a friends, Lizzy's, who was moving over seas the next day. We were going to have a little party, and we did, only we arrived an hour before her and it is a little strange sitting alone, drinking, in an empty apartment. I should mention that we were drinking wine out of chipped and broken coffee mugs, adding to that strange feeling.
By the time Lizzy got there I was slightly intoxicated and had to leave hours later, only to get home and puke my guts out. I nearly never drink, now I remember why.
Thursday
I woke up feeling horrible, but had to continue on with life. Lizzy left and I finished packing and moving stuff from her apartment, reminding me very much of when my in-laws moved from Canada to Iceland. This leads me to believe that it is a genetic thing that leaves people of Icelandic descent in a great panic with any sort of deadline, specifically one that can not easily be postponed, like moving.
We did not get started until after dinner, then were working until three in the morning. Special thanks to those who helped :D Yous the best.
Friday
Dead tired, Davíð hates it when I say that, dead tired! But off to work I go, I volunteer every Friday for the Salvation Army, it is actually really fun. After work I went grocery shopping then home to change clothing and off to a party! Another one? Two in one week is amazing for me, I usually average two a year, but how could I not go?
Isobel, from Scotland, invited a few of us girls over for beautiful food and champange, and I certainly drank my share of that, and did not get sick, YIPPEE!
I had a really amazing time and stayed out far too late, a good sign.
Saterday
I woke up at 8 to start my mad bake-a-thon. I am not crazy, I promise. My town, Reykjanesbær was hosting an International Celebration and I was asked to represent Canada and cuisine. So I had to bake a million, closer to 500, Peanut butter cookies, and we had to be there at 2. We made it, I brought way to many cookies and we are just finishing the last of them now, three days later. But it was fun. exotic foods, a dozen Polish cakes and dancing.
Sunday
By yesterday I my home was in serious need of cleaning. It could still use some work but I did spend HOURS on it yesterday. I also rewrote my couchsurfing profile in preperation for the summer fun.
Today, Monday
I tried to go out for my huge daily walk, but after an hour my nose and throat were so full of ash I had to call it quits. I also went to school, last day of class for me, but the kids had no school. They called it a staff day. I thought that meant they were still working but I walked up to the school, just for fun, and surprise surprise, no one was there. My suspicions have been proven, staff day just means extra day off for the teachers. Lazy! There is only three 'days' left of school anyways, and those 'days' are only 2 hours long each!
Tomorrow
Party for my class, errands and prepare some thing to bring for the party

and now I have to go because it is  11:15 and I still have lots to do before I go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment