Wednesday, May 11, 2011

great

I got this email a few min. ago. It looks like these scams just get better and better:
Kimmy was an Australian exchange student when I was in grade 9, so I doubt she would actually send me any real email, never mind asking for money.

here is the copy paste:

Sad News....................Kim Rudner

Hi,

 I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,I came down here to LONDON
UNITED,KINGDOM for a short vacation unfortunately i was mugged at the
park of the hotel where i stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were
all stolen from me but luckily for me i still have my passports with
me.

I have been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping
issues at all and my flight leaves in few hrs from now but I'm having
problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me
leave until i settle the bills..You can speak with the hotel manager
through this number +447024058910, We are freaked out at the moment

Well all i need now is just $2,550.00 USD you can have it wired to my
name via Western Union I'll have to show my passport as ID to pick it
up here and i promise to pay you back as soon as i get back home.
Here's the info you need at western union location below

Receiver name: Kim Rudner
Amount: $2,550.00 USD
Address : 11 Broadway, Westminster, London, Sw1h 0bd,United Kingdom
Country: United kingdom


Kindly email me the transfer details as soon as you have it
done.Please let me know if you are heading out to western union now.

Thanks
Kim.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:48 PM

    I got one of these last year and I actually got in touch with the 'hotel manager' via email, and corresponded with the person who sent me the mail for about a week

    I got a good laugh out of it, but they did not. During the week I contacted the hotel they were using the name of, all the western unions in the area, fbi fraud site, etc,,etc,,The funny thing was, the 'hotel manager' told me the hotel did not have a bank swift number and that I had to use western union only..lol. It was fun while it lasted, but when I told him that I contact all the authorities with the western union info they stopped contacting me

    Angel

    ReplyDelete