Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Does anybody work?

While the ban on stripping has no effect on my life and would have passed by with no comment if it weren't for the fact that no one voted on it.
By no one I mean less then half.
There are 63 MP's, 2 refused to vote, 31 agreed to the ban and 30 didn't make it in today so they were not around for the vote.
Almost half of Icelanders representatives in government did not represent anyone today.
How can you vote for someone who doesn't even show up to give an opinion? I mean, even if the other 30 supported the bill as well, I would really think that this is what the country wants. This is the will of the Icelanders!
But they just were not there, making me wonder how much support this bill really had.
Seen in Icenews(practically a tabloid, but it still has news)

No comments:

Post a Comment