Sunday, March 14, 2010

Date Night - The long version

After months of discussion, Davíð and I deceided that we seriously (by 'we' I mean 'I') need to go out more.

I had not really left the house without the baby since New Years, and that was only while he was sleeping.

The time had come, we needed a date.

After searching high and low, we found people to take the kids. Kasper would stay with his friend, Stefán would stay with his friend and Leópold would go see some grandparents.

Last night, Friday night, was the night, so during the day Kasper and I went shopping.

I had to buy mascara because the stuff at home was actually expired, as bad as that is. Kasper says if I am going to buy this stuff I should use it and maybe go out more. He does not like the idea of wasting money on something that will not be finished. He also asked to sue the rest of the old stuff as paint. I can not see why not.

I also got my eyebrows waxed, looking good.

Then I made a quick stop at the grocery store because they are having a big sale on cleaners. I stocked up, filling up my backpack and under the stroller before catching the bus home.

Next: The Unimaginable.

The lid came off one of the bottles of bathroom cleaner in my backpack and poured out, leaking through my bag, soaking my coat and pants.  Running down and burning my freshly shaved legs. I was considering crying. it hurt, a lot.
To make matters worse, the bus was packed and everyone was staring at me and smelling around, all anyone could smell was ammonia.

It was possibly the longest 20 minute bus ride ever, but I did survive.

After getting home, re showering and panicking over everything, we finally left the house, only 2 hours behind schedule.

We got Leópold to Davíð's parents, then drove to Reykjavik.

After an amazing meal at Shalimar we walked around down town, stopping for a game of foozeball and ending up at a couple of Davíð's friends house for a few (1.5) Easter beers (some special version of beer that only comes out for Easter).

It was here that I had a moment of realization into exactly how boring my life might seem to someone else when asked what was new, all I could think of was how my legs hurt when the cleaner was burning away at them on the bus.
Maybe not boring, but tragically uncool.

I am OK with that, don't worry.

We had planned to go and see the new Alice in Wonderland, but that didn't work out. I guess it makes more sense to see that with the kids anyways.

By midnight we were ready for sleep. We went back to Davíð's parents, where we slept, had a great breakfast (Robert made scrambled eggs with bacon on toast) and left from in the morning.

I now feel great, refreshed, and ready for nearly anything, even if I stay home for a few more months, I might wear that mascara just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment