Saturday, October 10, 2009

Visitors!

While not getting out of the house much myself these days, I am extremely grateful for the visitors that make it all the way out here to see me.

Inga and Rob have been out a few times, this is a long trip for them and a risky one with Kristína about to have her baby anytime, to see the little guy and check on us. Inga even made super once, as well as an extra meal for the next day, that we ate last night.

Today my friend Lizzy came over with Pizza, chips with dip and cake. It was great and well needed because I realized, as I was choking on pizza, that I had managed to sleep through lunch and so had not eaten since breakfast, 10 hours earlier.

I guess everyone else had sandwiches, I just missed it.

But besides the food, it was really just great to talk to someone. I am already starting to get cabin fever and can not wait until it is acceptable to take the baby out in the stroller in this horrible Icelandic weather. Couple more days...

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to that! Imagine having to be stuck at home for a few years... Well, I would really like to visit you and I will do it as soon as Helenka will recover after her operation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of hero moms in your other comment, I have always known you were one!
    Maybe I will come see you next week!
    I hope Helenka is feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete