Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rúgbreuð

aka Rug Bread (at least I call it that)
Looks like a peice of carpet from some sixties apartment. Probably tastes about the same. I do not think it is possible to eat it with out putting lots of stuff on it, like butter or some creamy salad.
But still, some people like it. Creepy I know. Davið even like it, so we buy it.
You do not buy an entire loaf of this stuff though, it would probably kill you. You buy it in little packs of 4 slices, and trust me that is enough.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Rug Bread. This one made me chuckle. :) I buy it once in a while, but lots of people like it with pickled fishes and that's something I've never been able to down easily. However, many people in Einar's family (and also friends) make this heavy rye bread. It's rather sweet as it has a bit of brown sugar in it.
    But you're right - a little goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete