Monday, November 24, 2008

Missing Mahwish

Today my friend moved away.
It was a sad sad moment - my first friend in Iceland.
We met in Icelandic lessons.
A true friend who was never judgmental, always made time and always helped to see another side of life.
I will miss her so much!

And this made me see a sad truth, so long as I keep making friends who are foreigners like me, I will have to watch them all leave one by one.

It is a bit of a pickle because I have so much in common with someone who is not from Iceland.

It does not matter who they are - conversation material is always available.
- hows your Icelandic going?
- can you believe this kennatela system?
- how long did it take to get your papers?
etc etc etc, I could go one forever.

But these friends are rarely here to stay and I think as the situation gets worse, they will be leaving more often.

I think as a New Years Resolution, I will become good friends with an Icelander.

At least put in more effort then I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment