Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kasper's Party

The Story of Kasper's 8th Birthday

It all started on Friday. There was no school so he was supposed to come to work with me.
But he wanted to go to his friends.
Then they went to our house.
When I came home from work, there was tuna all over the wall.
They tried to make sandwiches but they did not taste right.
They forgot the mayo.

Inga and Rob were coming up for the weekend.
I was incredibly stressed out and had hardly slept in days,
but all my floors were freshly waxed.

Kasper agrees that because we have family coming up he can have 2 friends over.
It is a deal.

Around 4 I see a mob of kids coming towards our door.
Kasper is in the lead.
They are here for the party.
I tried telling them there was no party.
Kasper would not help me explain.
They refused to leave,
they wanted cake first.
I had to call parents to come get them.

We had the nice gathering with 2 friends, it was a good time.
Inga and Rob arrived and I guess I had no reason to be so concerned.
The weekend went great.


Here is Rósa - you can never have to many pictures of a family pet.


A very tired me.


Stefán.


OK, this is a bit of a story. I have 2 tvs. One has a decent size screen and the other one has sound.
So we have a tower.
Awesome, I know.


Inga and Rob


Davíð and Rósa.


Stefán playing with Kaspers gifts, what are brothers for?


A very happy Kasper.



Another fabulous cake by Inga.
I will try to have her for every kids birthday.
It is even decorated by an 8.



Short story: The old ladies in the nursing home like to talk about this beautiful man that has been spotted in town.
Turns out that Davíð is the most beautiful man in Þórshöfn.
Now I have to keep an eye on those sneaky old ones.
Here he is showing how beautiful he can be.


Inga, looking awesome.



Davíð?



Best Brother Forever.



Rob taking pictures, I will ask for the ones he got.



Here I am with the birthday boy - gotta stop showing so much gums in the smiles!


feasting on lamb and fries



Lazy sods on the couch, with whiskey.



Stefán made name tags for everyone to wear on there shirt, then labeled all the chairs so we would know where to sit.
Rob wanted to know why the writing on his name tag was different then the writing on his chair tag.


So here Stefán is explaining it.


Inga cooking in my kitchen. Unlike some people who are very protective of there kitchen,
I will surrender mine to anyone that wants to cook for me.


And the Birthday Boy, showing how big 8 really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment