Thursday, July 08, 2010

Hitchin' a ride

Kasper goes to a day camp for three hours a day.

The bus service sucks.

So when Kasper and his friend missed the bus home on Wednesday, rather then take the hour walk home, or wait 2 hours for the next bus, they hitchhiked.

I said 'you did what?'

He said 'I put out my thumb and someone stopped I told them we missed the bus so we could get a ride home'

I hope, that after our very serious talk, he stays away from the hitchhiking for a while now.

I admit I laughed to myself a little, but Davíð is having nightmares.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone else's kids are turning out so strange

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to my updated blogs,
    http://gulfmannpostcards.blogspot.com
    http://gulfmannflora.blogspot.com
    Please let me know your comments,
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:58 PM

    hey KT, Where in the world would they get an idea to hitch hike?? What kind of shows are you letting them watch?
    Take care,
    Janielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. we know people who have hitchhiked as a way to get around the country, it is very safe and usually very effective, not to mention free,
    Davíð even does it instead if taking the car into town all the time, but I never imagined that the kids would think they should too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:49 PM

    Tell Kasper Uncle Tye Does not want to hear about him hitch hiking ever again not for a least 11 more year


    Tye

    ReplyDelete