Thursday, September 10, 2009

Winter is coming



It gets dark at night again. Here it is only about 8:30. Perfect.
The kids go to sleep so much easier when they see the day is ending.

More often then not now, the weather is chilly. But after a long summer it is hard to convince the kids they need more then a sweater to go out to play.

School is has started again and the homework is rolling in. I think this year I am really going to push them. After the cutbacks to the already bare bones education system, they really are not learning much in school. If I want my children to succeed it has to be in learning after school.
The average school day only has 2 hours of regular class instruction. (Thanks to swimming, sports, shop,lunch and 2 recesses they manage to keep the kids at the school from 8 until 1)

Along with school comes the question of after school care. I decided against the one at the school, for reasons I will explain in another post. The Salvation Army has a nice program. I will use that when necessary.

Another this that comes with winter is after school sports. Although we are not set on much Kasper will be starting scouts this year. That takes care of his Thursdays.

We are also considering Taekwondo for both boys, on Fridays, and Basketball for Stefán on Mondays.
I do not know why he chose basketball over handball and soccer, both popular sports here, I don't think he has even seen it before. I suspect someone might have mentioned to him that he should play because he has a tall dad...

I am due to have the baby tomorrow. Not likely, I was so late with the other two, but we are getting ready. Inga is going to acupuncture me into labor. I hope.

So, things are moving along, slightly as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment