Friday, September 18, 2009

Meanies

Kasper has always been bullied at school by someone, and we are always being told he is just a target for these things.

We have done everything we can to at least slow it down like putting him in groups, like scouts, buying him clothing he feels good about wearing and trying to keep him busy by encouraging his friendships.

After years, it does seem to be getting better.

Then Stefán started grade one and he is being picked on by a kid in grade two. This we never saw coming. He has always been so full of self confidence and he always gets along with older kids. His best friend is in grade two.

Yesterday this kid stole Stefán's water  bottle and threw it down a gutter. IT was really sad because I was really cheap with the school supplies this year and the only thing they got to pick out for themselves was the water bottles.

It was Star Wars, The Clones Wars.

Now I want the parents to replace it. Not only was it 1200 kr, but it can only be bought at Toys R Us in Reykjavík.

So I hope they get enjoy there trip to the city (it is a ling drive) to buy a very over priced water bottle. Maybe the kid should pay for the water bottle and, more then that, the gas for a trip both ways.

I refuse to accept that this is just the way it is. The school tells me this kid always picks on others but I plan to do everything possible to make sure it is not my either of my boys again.

****I have to admit Stefán also has the advantage of having a much older brother. Kasper went off to school ferious today, he will not accept his brother being treated like that. (and determined to put a stop to it)So maybe I do not have to worry to much about him.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I found your blog from 50/50, and felt an immediate connection. My husband is in the US Air Force, and we used to live on the base there. Also, I am very pregnant myself (6 weeks to go).
    So anyway, nice to meet you. I'll probably come around regularly, but not comment too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome - nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete