Friday, August 07, 2009

Misunderstanding - Exaggeration.

We had some of both today.

A father came to my door today, with Kasper's Swiss Army Knife and a story about how Stefán roughed up a 6 year old girl and held the blade to her neck, threating to kill her.

I was in shock! I ran out the door, dragging Rósa, grabbed Stefán at the play ground and was about to kill him when he denied everything.

OK, he admitted to borrowing the knife to show off at the playground, but he had no idea what I was talking about for the rest.

Then I started thinking - this doesnt sound like something Stefán would do. I know parents are often blind to there own children, but he still does not like to sleep in his own bed.

So we went to the house that this girl lives at. I thought if we got everyone together, we could find out what happened.

The father was not there, but the mother was. The girl said no one actually touched her, or threatened her.

I guess he was teasing her - like all boys tease girls.

We got them to shake hands, it is done.

But Stefán's only crime was taking the knife to the playground, he is not a bad kid. I should have known that.

I am looking forward to talking to the dad again...

No comments:

Post a Comment