Friday, November 25, 2011

Listening in

Tonight, in the grocery store, I overheard the most beautiful conversation, there were a group of American women grocery shopping for Thanksgiving dinner, dispite being in Iceland - there doing it away ways.
Admittedly, I was a little jealous.
Then when one women said to another, 'do you think one bag of corn is enough?' and the other said ' no, lets go with 2, you can never have too much corn' it took all my self restraint not to trow myself into the cart and demand to be invited for dinner, I would have even cook the corn - with butter of course!
Icelanders dont really get the corn thing too much and last year at Christmas, when everyone was over, I made a huge pot of corn, and nearly died trying to eat it myself because no one else touched it!
But just hearing them talk was so fun, the accent so familiar, the topic, I followed them around, listening and shopping for my own food,
they have no idea how fun it was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment