Sunday, March 27, 2011

íslenska 3 próf

I did finally complete the Íslenska 3 at MSS, and well enough with an 8.5, but it was with mixed feelings.
While I have no doubt that I deserved a grade of 8.5 - I studied like mad and have learned a lot from the class, I do not think that most of my class mates deserved the grade they received.
You see there was so much cheating during the exam I could hardly hear myself think and probably would have done even better if I had been in a quite room.
In fact, despite being one of the best in the class (my teachers words, not mine), I still got one of the lowest grades, because I didn't cheat.
Some examples of the craziness include:
  1. One person using his laptop with the Internet during the entire test.
  2. My exam actually being taken from my desk will I was getting a coffee, and copied.
  3. Other tests being passed around, even carried to other parts of the room.
  4. People standing over other peoples shoulders and copying, not even trying to hide it. 
  5. People getting help from each other, asking questions and everything to the point thew class was extremely loud.
And the teacher mostly just sat at her desk and commented on how everyone was just cheating themselves.
Sorry to sound all mighty, but I think Cassie and I were the only ones not cheating, we really wanted to test ourselves.
After all this test doesn't actually count towards anything. It is not credited towards immigration and you don't need a good mark to get to the next level, so why cheat???
I just don't understand my classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment