Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sisters

Some of the apartments on the base are very very big. Large for North American standards and near mansions in Icelandic standards.

This makes us look greedy for having a 4 bedroom apartment to ourselves, even if there is 5 of us.

This particular apartment style often has two small families living in it.

For example, the people across the hall from me. There are two sisters. One of whom in still married, the other is single. One has two boys that share a bedroom and the other has one boy in his own room. There, 4 bedrooms used up but two families.

They say this arrangement works well for them, but there is a problem with too many couches in the living room. Everything else is good.

This makes me miss my own sister more.

Even if we fought like cats and dogs, I would like to think we would be good roommates.

My three boys could share a room, her two could have there own. One room for me and Davíð, one for her. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment