Thursday, February 11, 2010

The question of rooms

Up until last spring the boys had always shared a room.

They were very good about it, played well and were generally best friends.

But we did not want to push our luck. We felt it was time to separate them, give them a chance to develop separately and appreciate each other more by spending time apart in separate rooms.

I also had an idea that they would be easier to put to bed if they were not talking together all night.

So we moved into a bigger apartment, giving the boys each a bedroom, and they loved it, at first.

Then, after a few months, Stefán dragged his bed into our room and informs us that he is moving in with us. His old room is just his 'office' now.

Now, after a couple months of that, Stefán has moved in with Kasper. Just like the old days.

Giggling together all night.

Now I don't know what to do. Should I separate them? Move them together into a bigger room to share or just let them play musical rooms until they settle?

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I think it's good to share a room. They can learn a lot about life that way, and it seems to be good for helping them to be real friends. Mine don't really have a choice, as there are no cheap 8 bedroom houses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to agree, I shared a room with my sister forever and I would not have had it any other way, but with the older one being Autistic, he can be a little unreasonable and can alienate his brother very easily. Although they are friends, mostly, it can get ugly!

    ReplyDelete