Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Big Talking To

For weeks I have had so much to say and a very limited Internet access so my posts have been very fast, hardly thought out and short. Today is a day to end all that.

Actually as I write this my Internet is still not hooked up but I thought I would get a head start.

So this is the news:

1. Kasper is doing great. School is going well and he is making more friends. He has a bit of an attitude with me still but I hope this is only temporary and things will continue to improve. He is busy busy, besides the friends and nearly daily swimming he has football on Mondays and Wednesdays. Tuesday evenings are a Bible study group for kids his age and Fridays is our movie night still. With so much going on he hardly has time to be stressed!

2. Stefán is a sensitive little guy and has become a little bossy but most of all is even more a mommy´s boy then ever. He usually sleeps by me, or at least trys too. His playschool is going well. I extended his hours so he stays all day like the other kids and he likes it. They have such good lunches there, I really could not compete. His swimming is coming along really well and no he can jump off the little diving board and swim out of the deep end. I am so proud. On Sundays he has Sunday School with his peers and he loves it.

3. Rósa has moved in with me now and is doing fine. She is much happier to be in a house that has kids in it! I got approval to keep her in the apartment despite the fact that they normally do not allow dogs in rental places. It was actually very easy, I just said I could not sign the lease because it said no dogs allowed and I had a dog, so they changed it. This was lucky I know.

4. My apartment is still great, fully furnished minus proper beds for the kids (they have the mattresses for now) and a fridge. It is a little sad without he fridge because I can not buy a lot of food that needs to stay cold and have to go get the milk from outside in the mornings, and when ever I want a tea.

5. I have a job, not a really cool job but it is a job. At the nursing home cleaning and it works perfect with when the kids are in school, 9-1! I could not have asked for more, well maybe a little more then minimum wage, but I can not have everything.

Pause for a funny work story: My first day I was done my cleaning and looking for something to do when I found some nurses hiding in an office taking apart scarves and knitted blankets and rolling the wool back into balls. I offered to help and did. I asked if the person who did all these knew they were being taken apart they said no. I guess this particular person starts so many knitting projects and never finishes any of them that they have to go in her room every week and roll all the projects back up, this way she never runs out and projects to start and her room is not full of works on the go!

6. And here is the big one - Davíð. I really do not know what to say. We are working on things. I am very hopeful. I love him very much. He says he broke up with Monika and now wants to put his time into us. We will see, clearly nothing is fixed over night, but maybe for Christmas!

**************I actually wrote this a while ago and just could not publish it until now *******

No comments:

Post a Comment