Saturday, May 24, 2008

Conratulations

Since Agata moved out and took her blender with her I have been dreaming of milkshakes. Today we finally went out and bought ourselves a blender, it was a good day. I can now look forward to a summer full of smoothies and shakes, if it ever gets hot out.

We also fixed the laundry problem. For 2 years we have been living here and using the building laundry facilities. This included one washing machine for 6 apartments. I should also mention that one of these apartments has 5 families living in it.
And the washer takes more then 2 hours for a load of laundry.
So I do not have to tell you how hard it was to get any washing done. I was setting alarms fir 2 a.m. to start the washer, and even then it was rare I could get in there.

Today we bought a new washing machine. A nice new shiny electrolux with a super extended warranty that will last 5 years and include every possible problem - including toys and tools going through the wash.

Am I feeling rich - no, I am poor as dirt, but since we have stopped driving the car we are poor dirt that can afford a washing machine. It is a good life.

Rósa has been a little more naughty then usual lately and has eaten every wire within her reach. And Davíð's sandals.

I bought new sandals. On Thursday. They are are amazing and more then double what I would have spent on foot wear before, but this is OK because I plan on getting Toys R Us to pay me back for them.

Stefán is behaving more demon like all the time, I think it is the age. Davíð said that when Kasper was younger he was sure he had no soul, but this changed and now it is Stefáns turn.

I have an actual weekend off this weekend. It is a good feeling, but there is a catch. They are going to work me to death next week. Here is the plan.
Monday: Take in and empty 4 huge 40 ft containers. This might take most of the night.
Tuesday: Everyone starts at 8 for the inventory counting, the store is closed and no one leaves until it is done. Again a very long day.
Wednesday - work work work because the big guy, the head of toys r us, will be at our store on Thursday. Friday, Saturday Sunday, payday weekend with a new catalog. I feel a little bad for myself and think you should too.

Davíð is home now, so I will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment