Tuesday, February 06, 2007

He thinks he is so grown up

Stefan was very upset today.

I picked him up from school and he wanted to walk home alone. I told him that he did not have to go in the stroller, but he did have to walk with us.

He told me to go away. He was walking by himself.

He then started running away. I just walked quickly behind him until he was running for the road, then I caught up.

He screamed and cried. He wanted to walk home alone.

He said I was not his mom, and he was going to walk alone.

It got ugly. I ended up carrying him, kicking and screaming, while dragging the stroller behind me the last few blocks.

When we got to the house, he would not come in. He said he was walking back to the school, alone.

I brought him in the house.

He would not take off his coat or boots and tried to run out the door every time I turned my back.

I end up sitting in front of the door while he yelled and screamed for over an hour.

It was exhausting for me, I can not imagine how he feels.

I guess he does not know that he has to stop throwing uncontrollable tantrums to be able to walk anywhere alone.

He forgets that he is only 3.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:50 PM

    ÆÆ. A rough day all around! Sounds like he might be a bit jealous of big brother. Sigh. These things do pass but they sure are traumatic when they are happening! I hope you all are fine now.

    ReplyDelete