Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Routines

Today was the first full day back at school. At last, 5 hours a day of freedom.

Last night I was worried the kids would not go to bed. All summer they have stayed up until 11 or 12, sometimes later. IT is hard to go to sleep when it is not getting dark. The last week I have managed to get them to start going to bed at 10, but last night I wanted them in bed for 9.

I told them I would be waking them up very very early and if they did not get a good slkeep they would be tired for the first day of class.

They both fell asleep almost instantly.

Stefán even slept in his own bed. This is nearly unheard of.

I woke them up at 645 this morning and they were in such good moods. They ate, got dressed and packed snacks with no prompting from me.

No arguing or anything. IT was amazing.

So at 730 I sent them off on the bikes to school.

Now Leó and I are alone.

For lunch today, Kasper and Stefán will be eating what all the other school age kids in Iceland are eating, a large healthy hot meal.

This is one of my favorite parts about school being in, I dont need to cook nearly as much. The boys have such great lunchs with fish, chicken, vegetables, fruit and breads, that they really only need a small supper.

This will make the grocery bill much easier to handle.

But I am tired from waking up at 645. Maybe I should have went to bed at 9 as well.

1 comment:

  1. Michal3:48 PM

    school starts here next week. I'm dreading having to get up at 6 again! This sleeping in till 7:30 has been wonderful. I'll have to start going to bed sooner, too.

    Audrey is looking forward to grade 4, but will miss two friends who are moving to different schools. She still has lots of other friends to play with, though.

    I'll have to start packing lunches again. No more whatever's-in-the-fridge for lunch . . .

    All in all it will be a new adventure, but I'm still going to relax as much as possible this week.

    ReplyDelete