Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Couldn't have said it better myself

While sorting though my emails, many of which are from Couchsurfing, I came across this post in the Iceland group, and laughed myself silly.

It is painfully true and put into word so well that I must share.

Thank you Hannah , for the post.

AGHH!
Let me clarify on the vegetable situation. I've been traveling around Iceland for a few months now, and I have been eating everything, I have no dietary restrictions. However, I tend to always try to eat at least a fairly healthy, fairly balanced meal. I soon found that was impossible to get, especially out on the farms where i worked, and it might be the same in Norway. Always potatoes, always lots of dairy, and SO much meat. Sheep every every every day of my life. However, out on the farms, i've seen salad a total of twice.
The thing is, there are veggies, at the supermarket, but they are very very very low quality vegetables. I have never seen so many bruised browned rotten flavorless vegetables before. Of course, it's very hard to get veggies out here, and that's understandable. But beware, do not expect to be eating high quality, all organic veggies to support your diet. They are also fairly expensive. The further from Reykjavik you get, the worse the quality and the higher the price.

(not entire post, if you want to read more click here.)


I should also mention that it is considerably better in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment