Friday, May 01, 2009

Foot in mouth

I was doing a little reading the other day and came accross a small article about a man, now chairman of the left green party, who was seen drinking beer over sees then flew back to Iceland to vote against beer being sold here.

So it is good enough to drink over seas but not here...

Or only for those rich enough for the plane fare...

Either way I was shocked. Mostly because I work with his niece.

I started telling Davíð about this and he told me the same man voted to outlaw prostitution.

So over coffee break at work the other day I mentioned the situation to Sunna, the niece.

I told her how it bothered me that he drinks beer then votes against it. I told her this makes me think he goes overseas to get his prostitutes, while banning them here.

Now I feel like an ass because I said this to a member of his family.

I guess I just needed to get it off my chest, but I am beginning to see why I do not have so many friends in Þórshöfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment