Saturday, February 07, 2009

wasting time or needing a break

and I have nothing to say for myself.

Really, I live next to, practically, the north pole. It is so windy out, the snow is constant. Its dark.

Its not like Im working - I mean, 4 hours a day is hardly the entire day.

So where does the time go?

Why am I always just finishing the laundry instead of being able to look at an empty laundry room with pride, and be done. There is always more.

If I mop twice a day there is only a fine layer of dog hair on the floor. I usually only do it once a day, I swear I collects half Rósa's size in a hairball, then an hour layer I seeing the beginnings of hair bunnies. I really hope the excessive shedding is some sign that spring is coming.

It does not matter how many times or how often I wax the floor, it still looks streaky in the sun.

I actually got rather upset the other day because I was convinced that despite my CONSTANT cleaning, the house was dirty.

Davíð says I am imagining things. I have nightmares of my mothers housekeeping skills so I tend to try a little too much.

I have been reading a lot, like really a lot. Maybe not in perfect English. I try to rotate between done right silly and semi serious. Basically a random collection of books I collected while visiting and borrowing in Reykjavík. It is going really well - I am so emerged in the lives of book caracters I hardly notice my own.

This is a cause for not writing in blog so much.

Sure there is plenty going on in Iceland - we lost a government, got a new one, riots, but we have all heard enough of this I am sure. Besides, things seem to be settling now.

There was Þórsblót at work last Friday. I saved a bunch of sheep skulld for Rósa. She is very happy and now I find sheep teeth everywhere. She has to keep the bones outside but the teeth are so small she smuggles the in and walks around trying to chew them. I think next time I will resist the erge and leave the bones to the garbage.

Stefán asked me to turn of the window today, he was to hot.

Stupid town put the houses for sale - still deceiding what to do on that one. Maybe Ill just go cause a fuss with the mayor on Monday. I have had a urge to tell someone off for a while now and this just gave me a reason.

I realized the best thing about living in a small town is that everyone has to be friends, you have no choice. All kids must get along. Stefáns new friend Benni has a sister one year older the Kasper and now all 4 kids play together.

This has also made the boys, my boys, the very best of friends. They have there own dialict (horid English with a splash of Icelandic), games and understanding. Often even with friends over, they still play together. I am really proud.

I think it helps that they share a bed. I know that sounds weird, but we have one single bed and a double bed. The kids share the double bed.

I talked them into it by telling them about some of my brothers sharing a bed, Eric on the top bunk and Travis and Cory on the bottom.

I remember them teasing each other about being gay, but I did not tell the boys about that.

Point is, I think it makes them better friends, brings them closer - even if they build a wall of stuffed animals between them.

Now that I have typed everything that has crossed my mind for a few minuites, I think I need a tea. Maybe I do just need a break - like a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment