Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So Much to talk about

  • I finally agreed to the assistant store manager position at a rate of 300 000 ISK. a month and a review in three months. I still feel this is a very low wage considering the work involved, but I look forward to the review. I also look forward to the annual toy fair in Denmark this year, that I get to go to!
  • Toy R Us was vandalized last night, crazy people.
  • I found 30000 ISK on the ground yesterday. I was in the grocery store so I waited by it for a while, then I took it to information and asked if anyone had mentioned losing some money. She talked to everyone working and we waited by the front of the store for a while, but no one seemed to have lost it. I called the store again today and still no one has been asking about it. Now I do not know what to do, but I feel rich. This is a test.
  • Easter holidays are here and that means it is time for our family holidays! We rented a cabin with a hot tub, sauna and b.b.q. It has everything we need for a super relaxing 4 day weekend. We leave on Friday!
  • Our washing room is finally back in order, but the dryer is broken and I am a week behind on laundry. So my living room is currently filled with clothing drying racks.
  • The weather is getting great! Time to kick the boys outside for the summer.
  • Construction season is really going now. They are building a huge building a couple blocks from us, and it will have a lot of underground parking. This means lots of explosions! You can not just dig up this lava rock, you need dynamite. I complain about my apartment shaking every hour, but I can not imagine living right next to it.
  • With spring comes fresh haircuts. I cut Kasper a nice mushroom cut then I had to fight with Stefán to get one too. He only wants the top, front and sides cut, but I am supposed to leave the back, he wants it long. Thats right, he wants a mullet. I was really hoping he had grown out of that. It ended up no one won this argument. I tried to convince him and it did not work, so I just started cutting the way I wanted it. He did not want this so he moved around to much. Now he has a terrible haircut, but I still think it is better then the mullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment